This is where I show my craft. Every saturday morning I livecode for you all on Facebook Live. Projects from start to end, speaking my mind as I go. Hopefully you can find these interesting or learn something in the process.
Python3 Bootstrap Page Structure Generator with Parglare
- Ep. 1: Grammar, tokenization and pretty printing without abstract syntax tree.
- Ep. 2: Switch from list of tokens to abstract syntax tree, refactor pretty printing and start of HTML generation.
- Ep. 3: Correcting the grammar to fix use case, refactors to handle the new AST structure, creation of the command line tool with the Click library.
- Ep. 4: Adding a new feature (rows inside columns), adding HTML5 template with parameters and command line options. Wrapping up the project.
Source code: https://github.com/studiosi/BS4Gen
Python3 + Flask ToDo List web application
- Ep. 5: Start of the construction of the application: database design and setup, migrations, seeding of the database via a CLI command and creation of the first route.
- Ep. 6: Building the interface, phase 1: create empty to-do lists, forms and structured Jinja 2 templates.
- Ep. 7: Add and remove items from the list, form creation, concept of logical deletion
- Ep. 8: Make lists sortable with the help of the JQuery UI sortable interaction, create endpoint to save the order of the lists and test.
- Ep. 9: Frontend, basics of CSS, how to write minimal CSS by taking advantage of the Bootstrap 4 framework.
Source code: https://github.com/studiosi/todoapp
- Ep. 10: Creation of the code base, frontend and client-side validation.
- Ep. 11: AJAX functionality, client and server side validation, wrapping up.
- Ep. 12: 19 Exercises, “Elementary” and “Home” stations.
- Ep. 12.2: 7 Exercises, “Home” station
- Ep. 13: 5 Exercises, “Home” station
- Ep. 14: 6 Exercises, “Home” and “Electronic” stations
- Ep. 15 8 Exercises, “Electronic” station
- Ep. 16 2.5 Exercises, “Electronic” station